Nowadays, vegetarianism is becoming more and more widespread. Whether it’s at home or at the restaurant, this type of cuisine is now on every menu, and we love it! This summer, why not discover different types of plant-based protein available on the market, and try making them on the barbecue? Here are some suggestions for veggie products and tips for cooking up a perfect vegetarian feast on the grill!
The best veggie burger!
Craving a burger? These vegan patties are a perfect replacement for ground beef. Choose from a variety of pre-made, seasoned patties or make your own with ground plant-based protein
You can flavour your ground plant-based protein with garlic and onions during preparation, and top your patties with your favourite spices (chili, steak spice, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper), some barbecue sauce, or nutritional yeast.
Top 5 tips and tricks for making the best veggie burger
- Sauce: Garnish your burger with fruity mango salsa, tzatziki, sundried-tomato mayo, or avocado and fresh herb sour cream.
- Condiments: Add flavour with sautéed onions and mushrooms, or guacamole.
- Quebec cheeses: Get the best of the best with an aged cheddar or goat cheese from Quebec.
- Marinades: Marinated roasted red peppers or pickles will taste sublime in your burger.
- Special breads: Change things up with a brioche bun, Kamut bread, ciabatta bread, or sesame seed bun.
The best veggie dog!
Have you heard of European hotdogs? Generally made with a baguette, Toulouse or merguez sausage, hot mustard, and sauerkraut, these gourmet sandwiches are especially popular in France and Belgium. You can revisit this delight at home. Simply pick your favourite plant-based sausage flavour: mild or hot Italian sausage by Vegeat, or Gusta’s pesto basil or mushroom sausage. These two Quebec-made vegan brands offer a variety of other sausages for you to put on the grill this summer!
Top 5 tips and tricks for making the best European-style veggie dog
- Get saucy: Make a spicy harissa and smoked paprika mayo or barbecue sauce.
- Essential condiments: Think homemade slaw, grilled peppers, hot mustard, or finely chopped red onions.
- Bread: Opt for a fresh baguette or ciabatta bread.
- Cheese: Add grated or thinly sliced cheddar, Gruyere, or Swiss cheese.
- Make it gourmet: Garnish with crumbled chips or French fries!