Fonds Éco IGA’s rainwater collection barrels and composters will be back by popular demand in 2018 in a number of municipalities in Quebec and New Brunswick!
Keep an eye out for the next registration period, which will begin in late February 2018, when you’ll also be able to check online for distribution dates.
In the summertime, drinking water is a precious resource that's often used when non-chlorinated water would do. Rainwater barrels supply citizens with water they can use for activities like gardening and outdoor cleaning.
Take another step toward helping the environment by composting your table scraps and garden residue. Then use your homemade compost in the garden!
Details and how to register
- Each participating supermarket will receive 70 units to distribute (barrels and composters) at the reduced price of $30 each.
- Instructions for barrel installation and how to compost will be given by the Fonds Éco IGA squad on distribution day.
- To receive a barrel or composter, you must register online and indicate your choice. If more than 70 people register, a random draw will be held.
- Limit of one registration per address.
- The barrels will be distributed at participating IGA supermarkets on a specific day and predetermined time period. If there is more than one IGA supermarket near you, be sure to choose the one where you want to pick up your barrel or composter, taking into account the distribution date that is most convenient for you.