AAA beef medallions with red wine and dark chocolate sauce
- Fry chopped bacon in a saucepan. Add onion, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle on flour (and oil as need be to moisten flour).
- Stir in red wine, broth, mustard, sugar, orange juice and bay leaf, mixing well. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, sear beef medallions in olive oil until desired doneness is reached. Finish cooking in the oven, as need be.
- Remove bay leaf from the sauce and add chocolate, allowing to melt. Stir well to combine.
- Strain sauce. Add cream to sauce and reheat.
- Spoon sauce onto AAA beef medallions and garnish with orange zest and grated chocolate. Serve with a julienne of vegetables.