- Place the baking rack in the centre of the oven. Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Generously grease a 23-cm (9-in.) springform pan with butter.
- In a bowl, combine the almond flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder and orange zest. Set aside.
- In another bowl, using a mixer, cream the butter with the sugar. Add the orange juice and almond extract and mix again. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until smooth.
- On low speed, add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture in two batches and mix until smooth and evenly combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan, spread it out, and bake for approximately 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Allow it to cool in the pan.
- Remove and sprinkle with icing sugar.
- In a bowl, mix the supremed fruit together. Set aside. Garnish each slice of cake with Greek yogurt, citrus fruit and slivered almonds.
Chef’s secret: Supreming citrus fruit is a technique that involves removing the flesh of the fruit from inside the membranes. Simply slide a knife blade between the membrane and the flesh to remove the flesh.