- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Prepare and bake cake according to package instructions. Let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, pour cream in a glass or metal bowl. Add sugar and using a hand-held mixer, whip cream until stiff peaks form. Add yogurt and mix gently. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan onto a cake plate. Use a long, serrated knife to cut the cake into three layers. Remove the two top layers and place them on another plate.
- Spread a third of the whipped cream on the cake and garnish with half the kiwi and a third of the coconut. Cover with second cake layer. Spread another third of the whipped cream, and garnish with half the pineapple and another third of the coconut. Place final cake layer on top. Spread with the remaining whipped cream and garnish with remaining fruit and coconut. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
: Replace pieces of pineapple and kiwi with berries such as strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries.
CHEF'S SECRET: To make cutting the cake layers easier, dip the serrated knife in hot water. This will help you make clean cuts.