- Mix caper mayonnaise ingredients together in a bowl. Reserve.
- In a separate bowl, make tartare by combining 250 g (1/2 lb.) shrimp, the fennel, apple, mayonnaise, and green onion. Stir well and reserve in fridge.
- In a small bowl, beat tempura mix with water until batter is smooth and resembles a thick crêpe batter.
- Dip remaining shrimp in tempura batter and coat with panko.
- In a large saucepan or fryer, heat frying oil to 180°C (350°F). Fry panko-crusted shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden and crispy. Place on paper towels and set aside.
- Place cooked rice in a large serving bowl. Garnish with nectarine, shrimp tartare, and mango. Decorate with popcorn shrimp, masago, and caper mayonnaise.
* Visit IGA.net/sushi to learn how to cook sushi rice.