- Cook potatoes in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain and leave in saucepan.
- Add cream and mash potatoes with a hand masher until smooth and creamy. Add oregano, cheese, salt and pepper and stir gently with a spatula until cheese melts completely. Keep warm.
- Fry prosciutto and shallot in a skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add cranberries and diced apple and cook for 3 minutes, or until apples are slightly golden. Reserve.
- Divide apple mixture evenly among twelve 60 mL (2 oz.) verrines and cover with mashed potatoes. Add toasted pecans and garnish each with a piece of apple, dried cranberries and an oregano leaf.
* To toast nuts, heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add nuts and cook for about 1 minute, or until aromatic and lightly toasted.
: Prepare verrines without garnish on the morning of party and refrigerate. Just before serving, heat verrines for a few minutes in the oven in a pan of hot water, or in the microwave. Garnish and serve!