Apple and spanish cheese turnovers
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). In a large bowl, mix the diced apples with the maple walnut cheese topping.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll half the puff pastry into a 23 cm (9 in.) square. Then cut the rolled pastry into nine 8 cm (3 in.) squares. Put about 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) of the apple mixture in the centre of each square. Fold the pastry diagonally over the filling to make triangles.
- Seal the edges with a fork and cut a slit in the top of the turnover with a knife. Brush the turnovers with milk.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the rest of the puff pastry.
- Cover the cookie tray with parchment paper and arrange the turnovers on it. Bake in the oven about 20 minutes, or until the turnovers are a golden colour. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve.