- Heat 15 mL (1 tbsp.) margarine in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples, cranberries and raisins and cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly, until apples are golden. Add 30 mL (2 tbsp.) honey and the cardamom and continue cooking for 3 minutes, or until fruit is lightly caramelized. Reserve in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, remaining honey, and milk.
- Dip bread slices into egg mixture on both sides, ensuring bread absorbs liquid. In the same skillet, heat remaining margarine over medium heat and lay half of slices in pan.
- Sprinkle a little nutmeg and half of pistachios on top, pressing them lightly into the bread with a spatula. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until bread is golden.
- Repeat process for the remaining slices. Place two half-slices French bread per serving, with pistachios facing up, in a large, shallow bowl, slightly overlapping slices. Garnish with apple mixture, Greek yogurt, chopped pistachios and a thin stream of honey.
: Replace apples by sliced pears. Replace cranberries and raisins by the same amount of chopped walnuts and dark chocolate chips, adding them once the fruit is cooked. Remove immediately from heat and use as a topping for the French bread.