Apple, goat cheese and maple mini-meatloaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In a small bowl, mix diced apple with lemon juice. Add brown sugar and cornstarch, and stir well. Reserve.
- In a large bowl, combine ground pork, breadcrumbs, basil, onion, garlic, egg and maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide half of pork mixture among 8 oiled muffin tin cups and make a small hole in the centre of each.
- Place a goat cheese disc in each hole and top with 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of the apple mixture. Divide up remaining pork to cover and press down gently around the edges to seal well. Garnish each mini-loaf with an apple slice.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, or until meat is cooked through and no longer pinkish. Serve with a green salad and crusty bread.