- Preheat oven to 250°C (500°F).
- Combine apricots, pepper, pecans and orange zest in a bowl. Reserve.
- Using a very sharp knife, butterfly pork tenderloin lengthwise. Flatten meat using a rolling pin or a meat mallet. Spread the apricot mixture down the centre of the meat along the whole length. Fold tenderloin closed and tie with string.
- Place meat in a shallow ovenproof dish and cook in oven for about 8 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 190°C (375°F) and continue cooking for about 10 minutes, or until the meat is still slightly pinkish inside. Remove from the oven; cover with aluminum foil and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat oil over medium heat in a saucepan. Sauté shallot for 2 minutes, or until translucent. Add balsamic vinegar and chicken broth. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce to low and allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add chocolate, molasses, cinnamon and cayenne pepper, stirring until chocolate is melted and well blended. Add thickener and stir to combine well. Strain sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice stuffed pork tenderloin into 8 slices. Serve with spicy chocolate sauce, basmati rice and green vegetables.
Variation: Replace cinnamon and cayenne pepper by 5 mL (1 teaspoon) vanilla flavouring. You can substitute 10 mL (2 teaspoons) cornstarch dissolved in 15 mL (1 tablespoon) water for the instant sauce thickener. * To toast pecans, heat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add pecans and dry-roast for about 1 minute, or until fragrant and lightly toasted.