Artichoke-Stuffed Nagano Pork Tenderloin
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high heat.
- Use a knife to butterfly the pork tenderloin, cutting lengthwise (leave 1 cm [1/2 inch] intact along the whole length and open flat). Reserve.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic, parsley and lemon zest. Spread over pork tenderloin. Add artichoke hearts and eggplant slices and then lemon slices.
- Close pork tenderloin and tie well with string. Season with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Oil barbecue rack well and set pork tenderloin on top. Grill for 2 minutes on a ll sides except the top. Continue cooking tenderloin with the stuf fing side up for about 12 to 15 minutes or until meat is pinkish inside and meat thermometer reads 70°C (160°F).
- Remove tenderloin; wrap with foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve sliced with a tomato salad and buttered linguini.
- Replace artichokes by grilled sweet red peppers (homemade or store-bought).
- Omit lemon.
- This pork tenderloin is also delicious served cold in very thin slices.
- Serve with tomatoes and country bread.