Asian Steaks with Warm Mushroom Salad
- Preheat the oven to Broil.
- Combine the teriyaki sauce, ginger, sesame seeds, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Lightly brush the mixture on the meat. Save the rest of the mixture for later.
- Place the filets mignons on a baking sheet. Broil on the top rack of the oven for 5 minutes on each side for medium doneness.
- While the meat is cooking, heat the oil in a frying pan on medium-high. Sauté the mushrooms for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Incorporate the remaining teriyaki mixture. Lower the heat to medium. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the water chestnuts. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Incorporate the chives. Serve each filet mignon with mushrooms on a bed of lettuce.