Asparagus and Le St-Vallier cheese brochettes
- Preheat barbecue to medium heat. Oil the grill.
- Trim the asparagus by snapping off the hard white stalks at the bottom (about 2 cm or 1 in.)
- Cook asparagus in a saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute and then stop it from cooking by transferring to a bowl of ice water.
- Slice cheese into sticks 1-cm (½-in.) wide.
- Prepare brochettes, alternating asparagus and cheese sticks onto skewers. For more stability, slide onto 2 parallel skewers. Insert the first about 3 cm from the bottom of the asparagus and the second under the head. Brush with olive oil.
- Grill brochettes about 1 minute per side.
- Before serving, garnish brochettes with fresh mint leaves, freshly squeezed lemon juices, and espelette pepper. Season with salt and pepper.