- Wrap potatoes and onions in a clean dishtowel and press firmly to absorb as much liquid as possible. Set aside.
- Mix chia seeds with 45 mL (3 tbsp.) water in a small bowl and let jellify.
- Put oat flakes, yeast, sunflower seeds, chili seasoning, HP sauce, and jellified chia seeds in a food processor. Mix until you have a lumpy batter.
- In a bowl, add potatoes, onion, puréed beans, and oat flake batter, and stir well until mixture is smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Press mixture into an appropriately-sized cookie cutter to make patties.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook patties 5 minutes per side, or cook patties on aluminum foil on the BBQ over medium heat, 8 minutes per side.
Sour cream (optional)
They’re delicious served in grilled rolls or between two small tortillas!