Baby potato, green bean, and ham meal salad from Josée di Stasio
- Cook potatoes in generously salted, boiling water for about 10 minutes until al dente.
- Drain and cut in 2 or 4 pieces depending on size.
- Cook green beans in salted, boiling water 3 or 4 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and rinse with ice water, pat dry, and then cut in half.
- Place potatoes, beans, and dill in a large bowl. Add the ham strips and set aside.
- To prepare the vinaigrette, mix the lemon zest and juice, mustard, wine vinegar, shallots, and egg yolk together in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk ingredients together while gradually incorporating the oil in a thin stream.
- Pour about half the vinaigrette over the potato mixture and toss well. Taste and adjust for seasoning, as needed. Put the remaining vinaigrette in the fridge to be used with a green salad or a seasonal vegetable salad.
- Serve the meal salad warm or cold, adding a bit of vinaigrette if needed.