- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Thinly slice bagels to desired shape with a very sharp knife. Be sure to make the slices very thin, or else they will take longer to cook and not keep as well.
- Spread slices on baking sheet.
- Brush one side only of each bagel slice with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes, or until chip edges start to brown. Bake one sheet at a time.
- Allow chips to cool. Serve on a platter with dip or for canapés. The bagel chips will keep for several days in an airtight tin.
Use large, evenly sized bagels if possible, for easier cutting and a nicer look.
These bagel chips are perfect for parties or an afternoon snack. You can modify the recipe as you by using a variety of bagels (sesame, poppy, multigrain, etc.) or by flavouring the chips with spices and herbs (Italian seasoning, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, etc.). To do so, add about 5 mL (1 tsp.) of spices or herbs to the oil in a small bowl and mix. Use this seasoned oil as stated in the recipe.