- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Prepare the chimichurri sauce in a small bowl by combining the parsley, basil and garlic. Add lime juice, olive oil and hot pepper sauce, and stir well to obtain a sauce. Reserve.
- Using a very sharp knife, cut the Brie horizontally into two discs. Rinsing the knife blade under cold running water will make the task easier.
- Place the lower half of the cheese, rind down, onto a lightly oiled double thickness of aluminum foil. Spread chumichurri sauce onto cheese and sprinkle with red pepper. Cover with top cheese disc.
- Close aluminum foil around cheese and bake for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese is soft.
- Serve with a variety of toasted bread rounds and raw vegetable sticks.
Are you squeezed for time? Replace the chimichurri sauce by basil pesto. The flavour will be milder, but just as delicious!