- Place rack in middle of oven and heat to 220°C (425°F).
- Roll out pie dough to a thickness of 4 or 5 mm.
- Cut out a circle large enough to wrap cheese.
- Spread cheese topping onto the middle of the dough.
- With a knife, cut a few slits in the top of the cheese and place on jam.
- Cover cheese entirely with dough and bring edges to the centre, pressing to close the opening and make a bundle. Cut off excess dough if necessary so that surface is flat.
- Freeze for at least 60 minutes to firm up dough.
- Place bundle of Brie on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, with the seam at the bottom, brush with beaten egg, and place in oven. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until pastry is cooked.
- Let rest for at least 10 minutes before cutting. The cheese will be very liquid.
Source: Trois fois par jour recipe for Bonne maman
You can prepare a few bundles ahead of time and freeze them prior to baking. Then serve to any unexpected guests. They’ll be impressed!