Baked Polenta with Sausages, Tomatoes and Mandarin Oranges
- Preheat oven to 220˚C (425˚F).
- Mix bouillon, oil, cornmeal, salt and pepper in an ovenproof dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Remove from oven. Incorporate cheese and milk so that mixture is well blended. Keep warm.
- In the meantime, bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Prick sausages all over with a fork; submerge in water and cook for 5 minutes. Drain. Cut sausages in half lengthwise. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a skillet.
- Add sausages and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, or until browned, turning once halfway through cooking. Remove from skillet and reserve.
- In the same skillet, sauté chopped garlic for 1 minute. Add diced tomatoes, beef bouillon concentrate, red pepper flakes, fennel seeds and mandarin oranges. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Place sausages on 4 serving plates and garnish with tomato and mandarin orange mixture. Serve with polenta.