Baked potatoes with barbecued pulled pork from Christian Bégin
- In a large heavy-bottomed pot, heat oil over medium-high heat and sear beef cubes on all sides.
- Pour in beef stock, garlic powder, and Dijon mustard, and then deglaze by scraping bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- One hour before the meat is done, preheat the oven to 180oC (350oF).
- Wrap potatoes in aluminum foil and use a fork to prick them. Bake for 1 hour, or until very soft inside.
- When the pork has finished cooking, drain the liquid and return pork to pot. Remove any excess fat and use two forks to shred the pork. Pour in barbecue sauce and mix well.
- Cut potatoes in half, scoop out a little flesh, and then garnish with shredded pork and grated cheese. Place under the broiler for a couple of minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with green onions and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper. Serve with a green salad.