- In a bowl, combine ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, maple syrup, mild smoked paprika, garlic, and hot pepper flakes. Add chicken thighs.
- Cover and refrigerate from 30 minutes to 12 hours.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes before using. You’ll need two skewers for each chicken thigh.
- Place each thigh on a work surface. Thread two skewers through each so skewers are parallel and meat stays flat.
- Preheat one side of barbecue to high and the other to medium. Clean and oil grate.
- Sear skewers for 2 minutes on high, then continue cooking over medium for 4 minutes per side, or until meat is tender and cooked through.
- Remove skewers from heat, loosely cover and let stand for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve immediately with a side of your choice (green salad, tabbouleh, or new potato and green bean salad).
Threading two skewers into each thigh makes it easier to handle the meat on the barbecue and also ensures thighs stay flat when cooked.
Unlike ordinary paprika, mild smoked paprika adds an extra dash of smoky flavour to your roasted meats.