- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F). Place ribs meat-side up in a single layer in a roasting pan or casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, brown sugar, cumin, salt, and pepper; sprinkle over ribs and rub into meat.
- Pour beer into pan. Cover pan with foil; bake until ribs are tender, about 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Lightly oil the barbecue grill and preheat to medium-high.
- Brush ribs with 125 mL (½ cup) of the barbecue sauce, place on the barbecue grill, and close the cover.
- Cook 3 or 4 minutes per side, until ribs start to char.
- Brush with remaining barbecue sauce and serve.
This is the perfect recipe to prepare ahead. Bake the ribs up to 48 hours in advance; let cool, cover, and refrigerate. Barbecue the ribs just before serving.