Barbecued Duck Magret Brochettes with Quinoa Salad
- Preheat one side of the barbecue to medium-high.
- Rinse the quinoa in a strainer under cold running water. Bring 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) of salted water to a boil in a saucepan, add quinoa, and cook 10 to 15 minutes until al dente. Pour into a large bowl.
- In a non-stick skillet, sauté the shallots, zucchini, and almonds in oil for 3 to 4 minutes, and then add the quinoa.
- Add the melon, tomatoes, and basil to quinoa mixture. Vigorously whisk together the oil, vinegar, and lemon juice in a bowl. Add the vinaigrette to the salad, toss, season to taste, and set aside.
- Place duck brochettes, meat-side down, on the grill, above the unlit burners. Close the lid and cook by indirect heat for 4 minutes. Turn brochettes, fat-side-down, and continue cooking for 4 more minutes, or until desired doneness. The fat will be crispy and the meat slightly pink.