- Place 5 mL (1 teaspoon) olive oil in the centre of each of 4 aluminium foil sheets. Divide vegetables and seasoning evenly among the 4 packages, starting with the hardest vegetables, such as the carrots and snow peas.
- Continue with vegetables containing more water, such as the mushrooms, and finish off with the garlic and seasoning. Sprinkle with a few drops of soy sauce and season generously with pepper.
- Fold each aluminium sheet over the vegetables to make a rectangle. Fold the sides over several times to seal well. Reserve.
- Preheat barbecue on high heat. Clean grill well and then oil. Place roast on grill and sear on each side. Reduce heat to medium-high and continue cooking until desired degree of doneness.
- Wrap roast in aluminium foil and allow to sit for 15 minutes before slicing. In the meantime, bake vegetable papillotes on barbecue for 10 to 12 minutes. Slice roast and serve with a vegetable papillote.
There's just one easy way to know if your mini-roast is cooked the way you like it: using a meat thermometer. Just insert the tip into the thickest part of the mini-roast. Rare: 57°C (135°F) Well-done: 68°C (155°F)
Suggestion for accompaniment : Sieur de Casteigne Medium-bodied red wine