Barbecued trout with mint pesto and green vegetables from Josée di Stasio
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl with a lid. Shake well to emulsify.
- Check seasoning and adjust as needed.
- Preheat barbecue to medium for 15 minutes. Oil the grill.
- Season trout fillets well and place skin-side up on grill. Cook with lid closed for 3 minutes. Turn fish and cook 3 more minutes. (The skin might stick to the grill).
- Bring a 4-litre saucepan of water to a boil. Add 15 mL (1 tbsp.) salt.
- Add string beans and cook 4 minutes. Remove from water using a sieve. Cool and then drain.
- Add soy beans to boiling water and cook 4 minutes. Cool and then drain.
- Mix the two vegetables together in a bowl with a little mint pesto. Set aside.
- Place trout fillets on plates and top with some mint pesto. Accompany with the vegetablemixture and a lemon wedge. You may also serve couscous or rice on the side.