- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, wheat germ, ginger and curry powder.
- Reserve. In another bowl, combine basa, green onion, red pepper, 125 mL (1/2 cup) of the bread crumb mixture, egg and 60 mL (1/4 cup) yogurt.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. If the mixture seems too moist, add bread crumbs; if it seems too dry, add a little yogurt. Transfer remaining bread crumb mixture to a fl at plate. With your hands, shape 4 large fish patties or 8 small patties and coat each with the bread crumbs.
- Brush off excess crumbs and reserve patties. In a small bowl, blend remaining yogurt, fresh coriander and garlic. Add Tabasco sauce to taste. Cover bowl and reserve in refrigerator.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a non-stick skillet, and cook fish cakes for about 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until golden. Serve on a bed of baby greens, with vegetables couscous and the yogurt sauce.
Tip: To cook about 450 g (1 lb) of fresh fish rapidly, heat 500 mL (2 cups) chicken, vegetable or fish stock. Add fish fillets and poach over low heat (the stock should simmer) for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and easily flakes with a fork.