- Mix flour with baking powder in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg, sugar, and vanilla extract. Whisk in half the milk, then blend in dry ingredients mixture. Stir in remaining milk and mix until smooth. Let batter stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. When hot, brush with butter.
- For each pancake, pour in about 60 mL (¼ cup) of batter and swirl the pan to create a pancake 15 cm (6 in.) in diameter.
- Fry pancakes two minutes per side.
- Keep pancakes warm on a baking sheet in the oven at 95 °C (200 °F) while you preparing the rest.
- Serve pancakes with fruit and maple syrup.
To make a lion, place clementine orange segments around the pancake to make the mane. Use blueberries for the eyes, half a strawberry for the nose, and chocolate spread to draw the mouth and whiskers.