- Pick off parsley leaves, wash, and spin them dry.
- Chop by hand or in food processor, adding shallot and garlic, if using.
- Add remaining ingredients and adjust seasoning as needed. Set aside.
RED PEPPER, POTATO, AND CHORIZO PACKETS
- Preheat barbecue to maximum.
- Mix together the peppers, potatoes, garlic, olive oil, and chorizo in a bowl and season well.
- Place 4 squares of aluminum foil (30 cm x 30 cm / 12 in. x 12 in.) on a work surface.
- Divide the mixture onto the foil squares and fold the sides over to seal them closed.
- Barbecue for 15 minutes, check doneness, and set aside.
- Set meat at room temperature at least 10 minutes before cooking.
- Oil the grill. Generously season the flap steaks.
- Grill 2 to 4 minutes per side (depending on thickness) for rare doneness.
- Transfer meat to a plate and cover with foil wrap.
- Let stand 5 minutes. Cut meat across the grain into thin slices.
- Accompany the meat with green sauce and a packet of roasted vegetables. Serve.
You can also add whole green beans to vegetable packets.