- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Heat 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of oil over medium-high in an ovenproof skillet. Add garlic, mushrooms, red pepper and zucchini.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender but still crunchy. Keep warm. Salt and pepper beef medaillons. In the same skillet, add remaining oil and sear meat over medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
- Turn once during cooking. Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove beef medaillons. Place skillet over medium-high heat and add wine, scraping bottom to loosen all particles.
- Reduce by half and add prepared demi-glace and herbs. Mix and cook until sauce is hot. Place one-quarter of vegetables on each plate, top with a beef medaillon and cover with red wine sauce. Serve with brown rice or baked potato.
Variation: Replace 250 mL (1 cup) of zucchini with 175 mL (3/4 cup) of artichoke hearts and 60 mL (1/4 cup) of pitted black olives.