- Heat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Place eggplant on a baking sheet, flesh side up. Use a knife to score flesh, then pour olive oil on top. Cook for 40 minutes.
- Use a spoon to remove flesh, then combine flesh with 5 sprigs of crumbled thyme, 4 cloves of garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In the meantime, heat oil in a pan and fry onions for 3 minutes over high heat. Add tomatoes, parsley, 5 sprigs of whole thyme, remaining 2 cloves of garlic, water, salt and pepper. Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add butter to taste, stirring until melted. Adjust seasoning and remove whole thyme sprigs.
- Cook beef medallions to desired doneness and serve with Provençal sauce and hot eggplant caviar.
: Cooked tomatoes are one of the foods richest in lycopene, known for reducing the risk of cancer and heart disease. Not only does cooking not destroy this antioxidant, it actually increases the body's ability to make efficient use of it!