Beef with beer and harvest vegetables
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Sauté onions for two minutes.
- Add beef cubes and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes until slightly brown all over. Stir in flour and mix well.
- Cook for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add beer in small quantities.
- Stir constantly, scraping the bottom of the pan. Add beef stock, brown sugar, orange juice and zest, salt and pepper.
- Allow to simmer for 1 1/2 hours over medium-low heat. Add vegetables and herbs and continue to cook for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add more beef stock if need be. Serve with a loaf of Les Trois Moulins bread Le Belge Traditionnel