- Bring wine and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes, or until the mixture is syrupy. Reserve.
- Purée strawberries, raspberries and blueberries in a food processor. Strain to obtain a smooth purée. Return berries to the food processor, along with red wine syrup. Pulse to combine well.
- Pour mixture into a shallow dish. Cover and freeze for 3 to 4 hours, or until firm. Break into large chunks and mix once again in the food processor until smooth and creamy. * Pour into a cold, airtight container and freeze for about 1 hour, or until sorbet is firm.
- Serve in pretty dessert bowls with a shortbread cookie on the side. Garnish with berries, and then enjoy this refreshing dessert!
* The more often this step is repeated, the smoother the sorbet.
Make delicious sorbet sandwiches!
Remove sorbet from freezer 10 minutes before serving to allow it to soften. Top a vanilla or chocolate wafer with sorbet and then cover with a second wafer to make a sandwich. Freeze overnight. You'll love this frozen treat from the very first bite!
1 serving of fruits