- Combine shallot, salt, and lemon zest and juice in a bowl. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, mixing with a fork.
- Place mixture on a sheet of plastic wrap, waxed paper or parchment paper. Shape into a log, wrapping tightly. Reserve in the refrigerator.
- Remove steaks from refrigerator about 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat barbecue on high. Season steaks with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill steaks until desired doneness, turning once only.
- Let rest for 5 minutes in aluminum foil.
- To serve, top hot steak with a slice of seasoned butter.
- Serve with a salad of radishes, microgreens and tomatoes.
- Store any leftover butter in the refrigerator or freezer.
Let meat sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling, and use tongs when handling the steaks, to prevent piercing the meat and losing the juices.
Use the seasoned butter with other grilled meat, on potatoes, in mashed root vegetables, in rice or in quinoa, or toss with pasta. It can be stored in an airtight bag in the freezer for 2 to 3 months.