Bison Medallions with Red Wine and Berry Sauce
- Bring wine, black currant jelly, balsamic vinegar, onion, and rosemary to a boil in a skillet.
- Set aside half the mixture (about 250 ml) to use as marinade. Continue heating the remaining half at a low boil for 5 minutes.
- Add cream, raspberries, and peppercorns. Continue cooking while stirring for 2 minutes. Refrigerate.
- Cover the meat with cooled marinade and place in fridge to marinate 4 to 6 hours.
- Heat sauce over low heat.
- In the meantime, heat barbecue to medium-high. Sear medaillons 2 minutes on each side, sprinkle with Moishes spices, and continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes on each side until desired doneness.
- At the end of cooking, place a slice of cheese on each medaillon and melt for 1 minute. Serve immediately.
- Top with sauce, garnish with rosemary, and serve with whole carrots and sliced potatoes grilled on the barbecue.