- Marinate medallions in white wine with shallot, thyme and pepper for approximately 2 hours.
- Remove medallions from marinade (set marinade aside), pat dry and salt before sautéing in mixture of butter and oil.
- Cook 3–5 minutes on each side. Set aside on a serving dish and cover well.
- Pour remaining marinade into sauté pan used to cook medallions and heat over high heat until reduced by half.
- Add game stock and dried cranberries and reduce again by half. Add cream and cook until sauce reaches desired consistency. Adjust seasoning.
Season and serve with medallions. * Beef medallions can also be used.