- Mix together the ground bison, egg, shallot, breadcrumbs, and wheat germ in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Shape into 8 patties and set aside.
- Heat 5 mL (1 tsp.) of oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the nectarines and shallot about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Fry bison patties about 4 minutes per side or until meat is no longer pink and internal temperature reaches 70°C (160°F). Remove from skillet, cover with aluminum foil, and set aside.
- Pour the demi-glace sauce into the same skillet and warm over medium heat.
- Place 2 bison patties on each plate. Cover with demi-glace sauce and top with pan-fried nectarines. Serve with mashed potatoes and a green salad.
VARIATION: Vary the fruits. Use apples or even mangos
CHEF'S SECRET: Handle bison patties carefully because they tend to crumble easily due to their low fat content.