- Place the chicken bones in a large stock pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, coarsely dice the onions, carrots, and celery.
- When the broth is boiling, add the vegetables and seasonings. Use a ladle to skim off any impurities that rise to the surface.
- Simmer for 4 hours, continuing to skim impurities from the surface throughout cooking.
- Strain the stock through a mesh strainer lined with damp cheesecloth.
Refrigerate the broth for 4 or 5 days, or freeze it in an airtight container for up to 3 months.