- Grill sausages according to package directions, set aside.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse to cool, drain thoroughly and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the asparagus, cooking 6-8 minutes until almost tender. Immediately plunge the cooked asparagus into cold water. When cool, drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the pasta, asparagus, red onion and sundried tomatoes.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, garlic, white wine vinegar, and water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the garlic mayonnaise over the salad and season with salt and pepper. Incorporate sliced sausages into pasta.
Tip: The garlic mayonnaise can be made in advance and kept refrigerated or on ice if travelling. Add the garlic mayonnaise to pasta just before serving.