Braised leg of lamb with vegetables and maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a small bowl, stir together maple syrup, mustard and thyme. Reserve half and brush remaining half all over leg of lamb. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof pan over medium-high heat. Sear lamb on all sides. Add veal stock, remaining mustard mixture, vegetables and garlic bulbs.
- Cover and cook in oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until meat and vegetables are tender. Increase oven temperature to 230°C (450°F) and roast lamb uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Serve the leg of lamb and the vegetables with slices of whole grain bread. Spoon sauce over top. Enjoy!