Braised Toulouse Sausages with Fall Vegetables
- Lightly heat oil in a casserole pot and fry sausages on each side over medium-high heat for a total of 7 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Brown bacon in same pot for 3 minutes. Sweat and brown onions, carrots, celery, herbs and garlic for another 5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Deglaze with red wine and reduce for 1 or 2 minutes. Moisten with chicken broth and reduce for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and tomato paste. Combine gently.
- Add sausages, cover and oven braise for 90 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of butter & herb pasta.