Brand-New Stew with Cabbage and Star Anise
- Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F) .
- Heat 30 mL (2 tbsp.) oil in a large casserole. Sear meat on both sides to brown. Set aside.
- In the same casserole, add rest of oil and brown onion, garlic and carrot sections for about 3 to 5 minutes. Add crushed pepper flakes and continue cooking 1 minute.
- Add meat, broth, tamari, maple syrup and star anise flower. Bring to boil.
- Roast in oven around 4 hours. Midway through cooking, add cabbage and fennel pieces.