Bread pudding with caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Spread bread cubes on a baking sheets and bake until golden brown, about 12 à 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla in bowl. Place bread cubes and walnuts in greased 2.5 L (9-in.) square baking dish. Pour egg mixture over top and mix well. Let stand for 15 minutes, stirring after 8 minutes so the bread completely absorbs the liquid. Bake until golden and set, about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the sugar, water, and cinnamon together in a saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until mixture is a light caramel colour, about 20 minutes. Remove the cinnamon stick and then whisk in cream and vanilla. Stir in walnuts and salt.
- Drizzle hot caramel sauce over warm bread pudding to serve.