This recipe is courtesy of McCain.
- Bake McCain Homefries according to package directions.
- Microwave bacon until crispy; then cut into small pieces.
- Prepare hollandaise sauce according to package directions or make your favourite homemade version.
- Heat butter or oil in a skillet set over medium-high heat and sauté leeks, onions, and mushrooms.
- Portion fries onto 4 to 6 plates.
- Top with sautéed vegetables, bacon, and cheddar.
- Pour about 60 mL (¼ cup) hollandaise sauce over each serving and garnish each poutine with 5 mL (1 tsp.) chives or parsley (optional).
Try any combination of sautéed vegetables. You can substitute leeks with chopped bell peppers and yellow onions with red onions.