- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté mushrooms for about 2 minutes. Reserve.
- In the same skillet, brown scallops for 1 to 2 minutes per side, adding a little oil if need be. Transfer skillet to oven and continue cooking veal for about 15 minutes, or until meat is cooked through and slightly pinkish. Remove from oven and keep meat warm.
- Return the skillet to stove over medium-high heat. Add white wine and stir, scraping the bottom of the skillet to loosen browned bits. Allow wine to reduce for 1 minute.
- Add maple syrup, chicken broth, tarragon and reserved mushrooms. Bring to a boil, and then stir in cream.
- Lower heat to medium-low and allow sauce to simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened. Spoon wine sauce over scallops to serve. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with jasmine rice and grilled asparagus.
Variation: For a lighter version, use 15% M.F. cream, and dilute 15 mL (1 tablespoon) cornstarch in chicken broth before stirring in according to recipe instructions.