Cajun-style ribs from Christian Bégin
- Place all ingredients except those for marinade in a large saucepan filled with cold water, and then add the spareribs. Bring to a boil and cook covered for 75 minutes at a gentle simmer.
- Remove ribs from flavoured broth and set aside to cool. Refrigerate.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl. Brush marinade onto spareribs.
- Place ribs, one on top of the other, in a rectangular baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing down on ribs to remove excess air.
- Set something heavy on top of ribs and set them to marinate in fridge for at least 24 hours.
- Remove ribs from the fridge about 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Transfer spareribs onto one or more large baking trays, being sure to transfer all the marinade as well.
- Put into the oven and let caramelize for 20 to 30 minutes. Don't turn ribs over while baking.
- Brush ribs with sauce and serve them with sweet potato fries!