Maki with smoked salmon and basil from Geneviève Everrel
- Make the maki base.
- Mix together the mayonnaise and basil in a bowl.
- Spread 10 mL (2 tsp.) of basil mayonnaise on the rice in the middle of the nori sheet.
- Break up the smoked salmon bites and mix with the Wafu dressing in a bowl.
- Place the salmon mixture in the middle of the nori sheet on top of the mayonnaise.
- Place the cucumber at the top of the mixture and the avocado slices at the bottom.
- Roll it up and cut.
- Garnish the makis with the remaining basil mayonnaise.