- In a pot of boiling water, half-cook the pasta
- (it will finish cooking in the oven). Drain.
- In a frying pan, heat oil and brown onion and garlic.
- Add meat and cook over high heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add veal stock and let it reduce slightly.
- Add tomatoes and herbs.
- Pour pasta into a baking dish and add meat mixture. Mix well.
- Add two-thirds of the cheese and mix.
- Spread remaining cheese on top. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Finish cooking in preheated oven at 160 °C (325 °F)
- for 15 to 20 minutes, until well cooked.
To jazz up your macaroni in meat sauce, try using a combination of different cheeses, such as equal parts of cheddar, Chèvre Noir, and Emmenthal.