Caramelized onion papillote with apple
- Preheat barbecue to medium.
- Place onions and apples on four 45 cm x 45 cm (18 in. x 18 in.) sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Distribute butter, barbecue sauce and brown sugar evenly over onions and apples.
- Salt and pepper to taste and seal each papillote as tightly as possible. Place on barbecue grill and close cover. Cook for 10 minutes. Turn using tongs and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve as a side dish to grilled fare.