* Healthful Pastry Dough
- Preheat oven to 205°C (400°F).
- Roll dough out into a circle of about 12 cm in diameter and prick with a fork.
- In a ten-inch oven-safe skillet, melt butter and sugar on medium high heat to produce a light-coloured caramel.
- Reduce heat to medium and fit the plums snugly into the skillet with the hole left by the stone facing upward. Sprinkle fruit with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cook six to eight minutes until plum bottoms are well browned. Remove from heat and sprinkle evenly with almonds.
- Cover with pastry dough, tucking extra dough inside and bake for 20 minutes until dough is golden brown. Let cool fi ve minutes before turning the tarte onto a serving plate. If desired, serve with a drizzle of country-style cream.
For easy-to-cook, nutritious and delicious pastry dough, here is a more healthful option with zero trans fat, 50% less total fat and 75% less saturated fat than commercial pastry dough! Put 375 ml (1½ cups) whole wheat fl our and 60 ml (¼ cup) non hydrogenated
margarine in a bowl. Mix with a fork until texture is uniform with pea-sized pieces. Add 125 ml (½ cup) plain yogurt, mix with your hands and form into two balls. Dare to try it!